Plan a trip :
NEWS: [See all News]
Raymond S. HOBACK - 29th Division.
Bedford Boys Fallen - Raymond Samuel HOBACK never had a chance to reach 100 years old today. Instead, he sacrified his life for our freedom... Raymond may have made it out of his landing craft, but he never made it to shore. Others recall seeing his body in the water. Bedford also failed to make in on the beach. He was killed by an exploding 88mm shell. Their time in the battle could be measured in minutes... [American D-Day facebookRead more...
[Posted: 2020-01-21 22:40:05]
RIP - Robert GIGUERE - Navy.
It is with heavy heart we learn the passing of Mr. Robert GIGUERE, a veteran of D-Day (Normandy)... He was 93... Four days earlier, Giguere rode across the choppy English Channel toward the Normandy coast with the Sixth Naval Beach Battalion. When his carrier grounded on the beach, a Teller mine detonated from beneath and tore through the ship's hull, Killing several soldiers below deck... [American D-Day facebookRead more...
[Posted: 2020-01-21 22:58:23]
   1 - 2 / 25 news   
WALL - IN MEMORY OF: [See all Messages]
Your precious life was sacrificed for all our tomorrow's Never to be forgotten. Bernice Marmion Pope
Honored by Bernice Marmion Pope
[Posted: 2020-06-06 20:07:19]
RIP cousin; your valor will be my mission to ensure it is acknowledged
Honored by Mariann Cheney
[Posted: 2019-11-18 12:17:44]
   1 - 2 / 126 messages   
1st Division, 16th Regiment, 1st Bn., D Co.
D Company landed on Omaha Beach Easy Red at 0920 hours 6 June 1944 and moved in against a low bank while an exit was being cleared. The Mortar platoon and the 2nd platoon went into position along the beach and opened fire on enemy positions approximately 75 yards away. The company ceased firing and moved to the left along the beach to an exit cleared by the 3rd Battalion by 1045 had moved in along the cliff just off the beach. The 2nd Battalion was contacted approximately 1/2 mile inland from which point the company moved 1/2 mile to the east and rejoined the 1st Battalion. Here the 1st Platoon was attached to B Company, the 2nd Battalion to C Company and the Mortar Platoon went into position as a battery in the support of the Battalion advance. The 1st Platoon was relieved of attachment to B Company and was attached to A Company at about 2300 hours.